Saturday, April 20, 2013

What Really Happened in Peru : Fan Review


She really did it again!
   Honestly, I only started reading the Mortal Instrument series when I chanced upon the eye catching covers of the boxed set of the first three books in a local bookstore.  In fact, I was not familiar with Cassandra Clare or any of the titles but as I am admittedly a sucker for uber attractive book covers, I took the first book from the bookstore shelf and read it there and then.  Lo and behold, I was carrying the boxed set when I went home later that day and read through the initial trilogy in a very long weekend (my boss was not entirely convinced I was sick that time, tsk tsk tsk).
   Now, three years from my initial interaction with Shadowhunters and she did it again; took me out of my present and transported me to somewhere totally unexpected.  This time, in Peru!
    The first episode in the planned ten-part ebook collection starring the enigmatic Magnus Bane just blew me away. It grabbed me from the very first word until I finished the whole fortyish pages of adventure, surprise and drunken glimpse on who our favorite cat-eyed warlock really is. It is as expected.  Colorful, flamboyant, weird, fun and one of a kind.
   The last word left me wanting for more and the month long wait is too long for the next installment, but then the imagery that was created by Cassie Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan left me with so much that my sketching hand is itching to grab a pen and paper and maybe transfer my imagination to vision. Who knows!
   Until next month then, and the next adventure of my Magnus Bane!

5 out of 5 stars…(no questions asked)







No comments:

Post a Comment